Note: There are products that contain sustainable palm oil. As we come across them, we will list them as such.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Olivio Spreadable Butter


I didn't originally look at this when I was at the store because the regular Olivio contains Vitamin A (palmitate), as did every other margarine/butter I looked at. In a last stitch effort, I decided to pick it up and turn it around. Jackpot!

I've used it a few times now. We used it on corn on the cob, I made grilled cheese and made omelets for dinner. It worked like a charm every time. I was a huge fan of the original Olivio and, even though it has 2 grams of fat more, I'm a bigger fan of the Olivio Spreadable Butter because it doesn't contain any form of palm.

Where'd you get it?: ShopRite (local grocery store)

How much did it cost?: I can't find it on my receipt but I think it was $2.99 or $3.99

Would you buy it again?: Definitely!

Ingredients: Sweet cream, canola oil, extra light olive oil, salt, flaxseed oil and natural flavoring.

No comments:

Videos

Orangutans are not the only ones who suffer for palm oil